Dementia Friendly Signage
Visioncare at Home provides a variety of dementia friendly signage that has been designed exclusively for the care sector.
People living with dementia may experience problems with their sight which can cause them to misinterpret the world around them. This can be greatly reduced by considering the colours, contrast levels, use of patterns, light reflective properties of objects and information in the living environment. This information has been fundamental in the design process of our range of dementia friendly signage.
- Matt finish to reduce glare and increase visibility
- High contrast text enhanced with primary and secondary colours
- Target design to assist direction of gaze
- Clear typography using a simple font for maximum legibility
- Customisable colour coding to assist comprehension or define area
- Exclusive icons designed for ease of recognition
- Maximum legibility and recognition
- Customisable colour coding to suit individual requirements
- Simple self adhesive application
- Easy to remove and clean
- Wide range available
- Signs are made to order in house -bespoke signage available on request
- Cost effective signage solution for the care sector
Visioncare at Home have developed a range of cost effective information boards to increase care staff/service user communication within the care environment. Information about meal choices and upcoming activities can be conveyed using pictures. We also have a useful Feedback Board which highlights and displays service user feedback and care home action points. Our newest addition “Meet the Team” helps residents & visitors identify the staff that work in their home and also a communication tool to help recognize staff who are on duty. The boards are lightweight and portable so can easily be taken over to a non-mobile service user.This shows relatives, care inspectors and potential clients that your care home is proactive in giving it’s service users a voice that is listened to.